Dr. Fatima Bello is a legal practitioner in Nigeria, with PhD – International Investment Law and Arbitration. Some of her publications includes,
PUBLICATIONS/ RESEARCH WORK
- Nigeria: Mineral Policy, published in the Encyclopaedia of Mineral and Energy Policy (Springer publishers), first published 22 May 218.
- Attracting Foreign Direct Investment into Greenfield PPP Infrastructure Development: An Analysis of Some Key Considerations. A Chapter contribution in the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (NIALS) Book Project on PPP for Infrastructure Development. (At publishers)
- An Optimal Legal Framework and Methodology for Quantification and Calculation of Damages in Claims arising from Breach of the Fair and Equitable Treatment Standard of Investment Protection Under International Investment Law- A Co- authored article with Prof. Pieter Bekker, Chair in International Law at the CEPMLP, University of Dundee (work in progress).
- Is Iran’s nuclear program for energy security or for weapons of mass destruction? Published in I. E. L. T. R (International Energy Law and Taxation Review Journal) Nov/Dec 2006 issues 11& 12 Thompson Sweet & Maxwell Publishers.
- The Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry in the last 50 years: The Ups, the Downs and the hope for a brighter future. Chapter contribution in the book on Lawn and Development- Nigeria at 50 published by the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies in 2010 (Azinge, Aduba, Ikhiariale, Atsenuwa and Popoola eds.).
- Public Policy implication on National Security, a chapter contribution in the Book Law and Security published by the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies in 2011 (Epiphany Azinge, SAN and Fatima Bello eds.).
- Public Perception of Judgments, a chapter contribution in the book The Supreme Court of Nigeria published by the Nigerian Institute of Advanced legal studies 2012 (Epiphany Azinge, SAN and Prof. Paul Obo Idornigie eds.)
- State of emergency: The role of the Armed Forces. A chapter contribution to the book on State of Emergency in Nigeria: Law and Politics (Epiphany Azinge, SAN ed.) by the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies in 2013.
- Research Report on Political Financing and Expenditure for the 2011 Election published by the Nigerian Institute of Advanced legal Studies in September 2012.
- Electoral Act (annotated), a volume in the series of Nigerian Laws Annotated, published by the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies in 2012.
- Transition from monopoly to liberalisation in the electricity industry, what are the lessons for developing countries? Unpublished dissertation submitted to the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy in partial fulfilment of my Master’s Degree (LLM) 2007.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a project finance with dual income stream? A study of LNG and Condensates. Unpublished research paper submitted on International Project Finance module during my LLM programme.
- An evaluation of the Fiscal Components of Libya’s ESPA-3 and ESPA-4 regimes. Unpublished research paper submitted on the Mineral and Petroleum Taxation module during my LLM programme.
- Conflicts arising between coastal states from laying submarine gas pipelines on the continental shelf: are there ways to avoid them? Unpublished research paper submitted for my on the International Law of Natural Resources module during my LLM programme.
- Consider the case of independent regulation of electricity and gas industries: if a market is to be made more competitive, why is regulation necessary, and what has the EU done in these sectors in recent years? Unpublished research paper submitted on the EC Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Law module during my LLM programme.
- Mortgages and Pledges: A critical Analysis. Unpublished project submitted to the faculty of law University of Abuja in partial fulfilment of my Bachelor of Law Degree (LLB) 2000.
- 2nd Dundee Energy Forum, held on the 26th of June 2018 organised by the CEPMLP, University of Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom. RISKING NATIONALIZATION OF ENERGY SUPPLY NETWORKS: An Analysis of The Potential Risk of Nationalizing The UK Energy Supply Network.
- THE GREAT DEBATE held on the 17th March 2015, a student organised inter club debate organised by the CEPMLP, University of Dundee. We argued in favour of SUBSIDISING RENEWABLE ENERGY IS A GOOD WAY TO WEAN THE WORLD OF FOSSIL FUEL on behalf of Dundee International Law Society (DILS). DILS won the debate.
- National Association of Law Teachers (NALT) Conference held in May 2010 at Ayangba, Kogi State, Nigeria. Insight into the Legal Profession for the 21st Century– a paper co- authored.
- Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies in Lagos in February 2011. Impact of Vehicle Roadworthiness on Accident Liability– A paper presented at a Policy Dialogue on Transportation and Insurance Policy in Nigeria.
- Strengthening the International Regime for Arms Control and Disarmament, presented at the Round table on Disarmament of Non- state Actors, organised by Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies in Abuja on the 31 October 2013.
- Economic value of Bitumen and Limestone presented at a Round table on Natural resources, Economic Growth, Reconstruction and Reconciliation organised by Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies in Abuja on the 31st May 2012.